Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness WordArt

With October and breast cancer awareness month right around the corner, I wanted to try my hand at some themed wordart. I have some more to share too, but here is my first set.

I hope you like it and please be sure and take my poll while you are here.

I had a dear friend, that I met when we were both 18. We were roommates and I have not seen her since we were both 20 years old. We talked on the phone over the years and emailed each other.

She was diagnosed a few years ago with advanced breast cancer and has since died after a valiant battle. I miss you Rhonda, this is in your memory.

You can get my wordart
(link removed)

I redecorated my blog too, what do you think?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your friend Susan...
I love what you did with your blog with fall just around the corner.

Thanks for all that you so generously share.

Huggies, Tinkerbell

lily said...

Sorry to hear about your friend My daughter is 24 years old and was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in january

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. My Mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in March of this year. She is now fighting the battle. Thanks for sharing the wordart. Your blog looks great.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
This is a wonderful way to get
women to think about getting
their mamm's, and to spread the news...appreciate YOUR kindness
in sharing this unique scrap.

XO
CJ

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
This disease is so horrible.

Love the fall theme on your page!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely words. My BPW organization in Florida tries to help victims of this horrible disease by providing some financial support. We gave out over 4000 last year alone. At 250 a shot, that's a lot of women with breast cancer. Bless you and thank you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. And thank you for sharing these awesome words with us!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your tag of Suzanne Woolcott! Your blog is very nice :o)

Dark said...

I'm sorry for your loss hon....my best friend is battling it now...she had a masectomy only to find out at the end of radition that they found a spot on her lung...which also turned out to be breast cancer as well....she went from having 5 years to live to 6 months...I feel your pain hun...Christina Lewis/ Dark Angel

Unknown said...

Thanks for your effort.but cancer kits help us to protect our self from cancer,Now a days cancer is very popular.so don't let cancer kill you.

Dorothy said...

I would love to make a tag with these. If you would be so willing to share I would appreciate it. happygirldori@gmail.com